Headlight Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlight Issue

Yeah ur better off, U could rotate the gear but who says it won't strip again?

Comment

I think the gear got too many teeth stripped so no matter which way I put it, there's a bad tooth not making contact, so there is no solution on this one, other than replacing the gear.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

That'll happen. I take it you bought the brass gears? Or did I see he was making aluminum ones now?

Comment

Yeah there's aluminum and brass. I think the aluminum are more expensive.

Comment

I ordered this kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-2002-Fi...32f306&vxp=mtr
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Kit received. I didn't realize the gears were that big...and heavy. They are brass. They look to be very good quality, they are very nicely machined, plus I like the metal brace that was included, that's pretty heavy too. I also like that they included that rubber insert. If time permits I will do the fix this weekend.

Comment

An update - I finally got around to installing the gears a few weeks ago. They have been performing flawlessly. The whole process was not too difficult, I just followed the online writeups and watched the videos. I was also able to properly adjust the headlights when in the down position. From the time I bought the car new, the driver's side was up a little higher, and the dealer never did anything about it. Now that I know what I am doing, I was able to properly adjust them so they look better.

The damage was obvious on the bad headlight, there were two missing teeth on the original gear. On the still-working headlight, the teeth that take the strain were bent and it was obvious that they were about to go, too.

As an aside, we bought my son a 1986 Fiero GT in October, and we did the headlights on his, too. Pretty cool.

Comment

Sweet. I'm surprised you've made it this long without them stripping, but you'll never have to worry about that again. :D

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
                    Sweet. I'm surprised you've made it this long without them stripping, but you'll never have to worry about that again. :D
                    now you just need to get rid of those halogens and put in some projectors!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X