Shutting off alarm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting off alarm.

I just bought a 1997 camaro. When I lock the car with the auto lock buttons and shut the door the alarm will go off a few seconds later. I do not have a key fob so I tried disabling the alarm using the owners manual so I do not have to put up with this. I pulled the radio fues and etc. I can not get the car to respond like the the manual says it will with a chime. Is this bc the cause has an aftermarket radio or ?

Re: Shutting off alarm.

I think I may have found my problem. After removing the fuse I was turing the key to the run position and not the acc position. I will try again tonight.

Comment

If it's your factory alarm then the radio fuse is not your answer. The fuse for the alarm is under the steering wheel. And I know what u mean about the chirp after closing the door. My car flips out if I lock it before I close the door. Alarms goes after closing the door. There have been a few instances where it chirps like it should but again, rare. Idk it may just be an issue with the alarm itself. But if you'd rather the alarm itself gone there is a separate fuse for it, you can still have the lights flash when u lock unlock

Comment

Got it figured out I shut the factory alarm off until I get a key fob. I was being dumb and after removing the radio fuse I was turning the key to run instead of acc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X