2000-2002 Camaro/Firebird Steering Wheel Radio controls - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000-2002 Camaro/Firebird Steering Wheel Radio controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000-2002 Camaro/Firebird Steering Wheel Radio controls

I just bought a leather wrapped streering wheel and emergency brake with leather wrapped handle. I have a question in regards to the steering wheel controls. Does my factory steering column (base standard 2002 Firebird) have the wiring? Or do I need the wire that connected it off the donor car (2002 Camaro with the sports appearance package)? Any help on this is deeply appreciated. I can't use the column since that car had an Automatic 4L60E, while mine has the Manual Tremec T-5 Borg Warner.
    :banana:

Re: 2000-2002 Camaro/Firebird Steering Wheel Radio controls

I believe you need to acquire your own auxiliary wiring. The base models didn't have those controls so there would be no reason to provide the wiring. Shouldnt be too difficult to tackle I'm sure it's simple splicing look for a conversion write up I'm sure there is one.

Comment

What I may do.

Brians00BlackBird,

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if I may go back to the junkyard and try to get the harness or I may just not use the controls at all (may just leave them there for decoration). That I got it since it was a factory leather wrapped one and is in much better shape than mine. Thanks for the help. That was the answer I was looking for.

:banana:

Comment

Re: 2000-2002 Camaro/Firebird Steering Wheel Radio controls

Yeah my steering wheel is corroded all around the the handle from the sun :rant: but i was thinking of getting a leather cover. OEM is the way to go though good find.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X