Help with the Monsoon AUX hookup mod - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with the Monsoon AUX hookup mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the Monsoon AUX hookup mod

Hey everyone,

Took the head unit out of my 00' camaro to fix a dead bulb in the head unit, and while it was out, I decided to do the AUX mod; however upon cracking open the bottom of the head unit, its different from the stickies that Ive seen. If you could give me advice ASAP on what to connect to what here it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Bobd1001; 12-03-2011, 04:04 PM.

Re: Help with the Monsoon AUX hookup mod

Well I finished the mod earlier tonight after chekcing out ls1tech a bit, and the Mp3 input works perfectly, but when I unplug the AUX input, and my CD takes over, I only get sound on my passenger side of my 00' Camaro. I probably wont use my CD player much anymore, since I now have an MP3 input, but I would still like to have a CD to resort to if my ipod runs out of battery or something. Any ideas as to what would cause sound to only come from the passenger side when listening to an acutal CD?

Comment

Re: Help with the Monsoon AUX hookup mod

Check whatever connections affect that side, you probably have an open connection, bad solder joint, or a short. You know the connections and the amp are OK because the MP3 sounds OK. So it has to be a bad connection either in the jack you installed, or where you spliced the wire from the jack back into the head unit.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X