window issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window issue

I don't know if it's the motor, fuse, wiring, or bad luck but as of recent, every now and again when rolling the window up or down, it will just start going incredibly slow and eventually come to a hault and quit working all together. After a while it will kick back on like nothing ever happened..Bad motor? Fuse? or just bad luck?

Re: window issue

All signs point towards motor tripping it's internal thermal protection.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

...And that's when you do this: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...tors-pics.html

Comment

it just sounds like your window motor going out dude. You can remove the thermal sensor like mentioned OR convert to manual windows ;)
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Every GM I have owned does this at some point.:tdown: My bird is starting to do it too.Car is away for winter. That will be a spring project.

Comment

Any cause to why it's doing that now and never before? Or is it just gettin old..

and your saying the motors bad or just that it's tripping the thermal protection to keep it from overheating?

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
              Any cause to why it's doing that now and never before? Or is it just gettin old..

and your saying the motors bad or just that it's tripping the thermal protection to keep it from overheating?
              The thermal strip inside the motor has gone bad and the resistance reads higher. If you took the door panel off, you'd notice the motor is getting hot too. You can do as mentioned above and bypass the thermal sensor or install a new window motor.

Converting to manual windows is one of the last things I'd do. And I've already replaced the whole motor/regulator assembly on the passenger side, including installing a metal plate to prevent issues with torn fiberglass.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I have a 97 RS and my passenger window would barely go up without helping it. I got this fix for fixing your windows here on this board a while. Go to WS6 Store.com...or call 1 877 232-9701 Look or ask for the Auto Trix window fix kit. Cost was $29.95. Did it to mine in less than 1/2 hour and my window goes up and down like gangbusters. What it does is reroute the power coming from the drivers side door for your window and goes to the battery direct. Works great! Hope this helps....................TIM

Comment

Convert to manual windows and be done with it. The window motors in these cars are junk.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X