Monsoon Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Questions

My car originally came with the monsoon sound system. Now the current setup is an aftermarket stereo then 6 speakers, 2 in the front doors, 2 back in the hatch area, and 2 in the backseat area. Only the front and the hatch speakers work b/c i dont have the factory amp in. Now here is my question, if I would put the factory monsoon stereo back in and the monsoon amp, would that make all 6 of my speakers work instead of the 4 that work with an aftermarket stereo.Or could I leave an aftermarket stereo in, run it to the monsoon amp then run it from the amp to the 6 aftermarket speakers. :tup: Ive been told that the monsoon sound sytem actually sounds pretty decent. Plus Id like to have all 6 of my speakers working. I have no idea what to do
    Last edited by insidethreat07; 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM.

Re: Monsoon Questions

Shoot please move to sound systems thanks

Comment

Well do you want the short version or the long version?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
        Well do you want the short version or the long version?
        Both :p

Comment

Short version- Monsoon blows.

Long version- Monsoon blows, therefore rewire in head unit power. Either replace the sail panel mids with some full range 6.5"s or keep those wired into the Monsoon. Otherwise, the entire amp/HU system from Monsoon is nothing but a static box.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=104269
          I explain it in a ton more detail there.

Comment

How can I get the sail panel to work tho? They dont work with my current set up. Im not very good with stereo stuff if you cant tell lol

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
              How can I get the sail panel to work tho? They dont work with my current set up. Im not very good with stereo stuff if you cant tell lol
              On the 6 speaker system, these two speakers MUST have a pre-amp. The front and quarter panel speakers are directly powered by the head unit.

Replace the sail panel speakers with the stock 4 speaker system sail panel speakers and splice them into the wires going to the quarter panel speakers.

I have a Monsoon installed into a 4 speaker system, and then spliced in the rear quarter panel speakers. Total of 6 speakers. Works fine.
              Last edited by FirebirdGT; 10-22-2011, 11:46 PM.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

^^ He's right. At lower volumes the Monsoon is good, sounds like it needs to. Also correct on the sail speakers. I modified mine to hold 6x9's and cut out the hatch speakers, then used the wires for those in the sails, and it sounds glorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  ^^ He's right. At lower volumes the Monsoon is good, sounds like it needs to. Also correct on the sail speakers. I modified mine to hold 6x9's and cut out the hatch speakers, then used the wires for those in the sails, and it sounds glorious.
                  I did this too (minus the 6x9 swap). I pulled the wires from the hatch speakers back to the sail panels. Then added a small 8" sub in the trunk in that empty space on the left, and stashed the amp on the other side between the spare and the power antenna. Sounds great haven't missed the hatch speakers yet.

Comment

I called a buddy last night and he walked me through how to "piggy back" wires from the speakers that worked to the ones that didnt work. Sounds pretty good after it was all said and done

Comment

Piggy back is the same as splicing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X