Windows & radio circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows & radio circuit

Kind of a weird problem. Sometimes I get in my car and the windows and radio dont work. I check the fuse box, and the fuses are good. If I jiggle the fuse box I am able to get the power back. Also, I can usually get the power back with a pount to the dash above the fuse box, and a particularly hard bump on the road will make the radio turn on and off also.

I'm thinking some kind of loose wire back there. Does anyone know how to take out the interior fuse box? Does the dash need to come out? Or can I just pull on it until it comes out?

Re: Windows & radio circuit

It's probably not the fuse box...This is a very common problem. It's "most likely" the BCM module under the dash. There is a ****ty solder on the board from the factory.I tried to resolder and it worked well for about three months. Then the whole thing **** out and left me sit in the middle of the road!!!I would just try and find one from a junker. I think it was a couple hundred for brand new one if I remember correct.Please someone else chime in if I'm wrong.

Comment

Interesting. What is a BCM module? is it in the kick panel area under the steering wheel? or way up under the actual dashboard?

Comment

Actually, I found the search button quite useful once I knew what to look for:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...33#post1017433

Thanks for the ID on the problem firebirdn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X