Security light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security light

I was driving home, the car died going down the highway...pulled over, turned the key to start it, doesnt turn over but everything else has power and the security light stayed on. So after attempting to start it a few times with no success..i go under the hood unhook the battery for a couple of seconds, hook it back up and it starts and the light didnt come back on. Does this sound familiar to anyone so it wont disable my car forever.

Re: Security light

Search button is your friend, bud. It's a common thing with any car that has the chip key thingy.

Comment

this happened to me once, i would shut the car off and it wouldnt start back up sometimes. Well you have to take an Ohm-meter and test the resistance of your key (piece of metal in the black oval part) and find a resistor or resistors and wire them into the ignition switch wires. theres a plug somewhere under the panel above the pedals, maybe and orange wire and a black or gray? i cant remember. they are small and a small plug. I also heard one that if you start the car, unplug the wires while its running, and then shut it off and leave it unplugged that it will disable the security. not sure on that though. But i have had no problems.
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

I just got a new key and it solved my problem for 4 years running.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

bypass it with resistors and get remote start like a boss

Comment

I used one of those "performance module's" from ebay and it fixed my problem.

True story. When I was young and dumb I got it and wired it up to the maf like it said, didnt do anything so I pulled it off. Well the VAT's issue started up and my buddy told me all this was is a resistor so we wire it up to the starting wire and it fired right up.

It came to good use afterall. :D
            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

i took my car to chevy for a security light issue and will need to replace the bcm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X