Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk release question

Hey guys,

So I just had a viper 5901 alarm/remote start installed on my 98 firebird convertible. After bringing it back to best buy (i know, big mistake) twice they have yet to fix the trunk release that isn't hooked up.. at this point I'd rather not waste anymore time and just do it myself. I have downloaded the installation guide for my alarm and found out the trunk release sends a 200milliamp negative pulse when activated, not enough to use for the release motor but more for some sort of relay.

With this information I was able to find a picture of the trunk release relay for the hatched firebirds, but it isnt there on my vert.. I was wondering how I might be able to hook this wire up to either the BCM or the nearby trunk release button or where the vert relay might be located.. I've installed the audio electronics in my car myself but I am pretty new with relays and other wiring so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    -Max

Re: Trunk release question

I would take it to another best buy, they installed my viper alarm with door locks and trunk to pop, haven;t had any troubles with anything.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

They messed up mine too....

I just gave them hell until they fixed it. It took the idiot almost 10 hours to install mine.
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

It took them about 10-12 hours to do mine, but it came out great so I can't complain.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You paid money to have an alarm put in a 13 year old V6 car?

Whatsa matta you?
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I'm just messing with you. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X