Did i fry some thing I think my car is ruined please help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i fry some thing I think my car is ruined please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i fry some thing I think my car is ruined please help!

I think I fuc*ed my car up. I was trying to wire my radiator fan through the ground side of the fan relay or the 85 pin. I removed the fuse box and turned it over, Then I snipped the #2 female slot on the fan relay and slot and tried to use my own ground wire and replace the original. It was linked to a switch that id grounded and ultimatley that didn't work. So I said F it and called it a day. Then I went outside to crank my car and it started clicking and the hands on it ( Speedo and tack ) started jumping. I noticed the battery was dead so I took and had it charged came back and tried to crank my car and it did the same thing. So I said F it again and came back tonight and the battery is dead again..... What did I mess up! :-( is it fixable?
    I made a video and posted the link on youtube.... maybe you guys can help also tomorrow im going to turn over the fuse box and make another video of what it looks like so you guys can get a view of it... I really don't want to send my baby to a junk yard!

The first video is of the initial crank up attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtgSPLlGukg

The second is of what I actually did under the fuse box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBazXZwRLw

Re: Did i fry some thing I think my car is ruined please help!

My suggestion would be to reverse everything you did.

GLWI electrical probs can be a real *****.

Comment

[QUOTE=transamtom1;1012699]My suggestion would be to reverse everything you did.QUOTE]

x2

I also couldn't help noticing but.. Is that duct tape on your engine?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well I would be sure that the battery is good. have it tested to make sure its fine. It is best to start with a good batt to rule it out. 2ndly check lights, radio and stuff to make sure they work. Check for any grounds you may of taken off or broke. Make sure you didnt cut any main power wires that feed other things. Make sure you were working with the actual fan relay and not the starter or anything.
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

what were you trying to do with this project? install a fan switch?
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
            what were you trying to do with this project? install a fan switch?
            Yeah..... Man I swear I'm always messing up something

Comment

[QUOTE=Blizzard242;1012704]
              Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
              My suggestion would be to reverse everything you did.QUOTE]

x2

I also couldn't help noticing but.. Is that duct tape on your engine?
              No thats electrical tape, I just decided to hook my fans up to the battery and tap the power source from the battery to a toggle switch. That I have taped up is where I had it two ends hooked up to a 30 amp fuse for saftey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                Well I would be sure that the battery is good. have it tested to make sure its fine. It is best to start with a good batt to rule it out. 2ndly check lights, radio and stuff to make sure they work. Check for any grounds you may of taken off or broke. Make sure you didnt cut any main power wires that feed other things. Make sure you were working with the actual fan relay and not the starter or anything.
                Everything worked its just the fog lights don't come on, but then again the battery stays dead. I don't know if you guys saw the video on my crank attempt and the way it was clicking could that be a battery? Now that im thinking about it my battery can't be **** because I had it charged and it was dead again a day later. The radio and everythingelse worked and i checked 5 times before I started so it was the right fan hole. Ima get my hands on a new battery to see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by ThaDyce17 View Post
                  No thats electrical tape, I just decided to hook my fans up to the battery and tap the power source from the battery to a toggle switch. That I have taped up is where I had it two ends hooked up to a 30 amp fuse for saftey
                  I was talkin about on your intake right there at the throttle body. But never mind, don't wanna stray from the topic.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

[QUOTE=ThaDyce17;1012733]
                    Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post

You need to run those fans and switch through a relay,you cannot run your fans on a direct feed through a switch to your battery.

97RS4Life posted a link on how to do it the right way. GL

Comment

Man I posted a quote wrong then it got all messed up.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Just undo what you did.

Video kinda sounds like a bad battery though. One of your wires might be constantly pulling power from the battery. So undo that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X