best way to hook up electric cut out? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to hook up electric cut out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to hook up electric cut out?

What would be the best place to hook up a dmh cutout? I have the cutout itself welded in and installed. Just got the electrical portion from DMH the other day and would like to know the bet way to route wires, and suggestions for where to put the switch. Thanks.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Re: best way to hook up electric cut out?

I ran my wires through the freeze plug in the passenger rear seat. And the switch in the cigarette lighter in front of the shifter. Which needs two anyway..

Comment

yup, run the wiring thru the boot that leads up to the passenger rear and snake it up to your console. there's a perfect hide-away place underneath of the removable plastic ash tray in your center console. completely hidden and fits perfectly. no one has ever been able to find mine until i showed them where it's at.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Thanks guys.
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
          yup, run the wiring thru the boot that leads up to the passenger rear and snake it up to your console. there's a perfect hide-away place underneath of the removable plastic ash tray in your center console. completely hidden and fits perfectly. no one has ever been able to find mine until i showed them where it's at.
          Got a pic? When I finaly pony up and buy the pipes to have my Borla Pro XS installed, id like to throw a cut out in there too. Do you have it under the ash tray or just under the lid?
          Last edited by espey_16; 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

probably just under the lid; that'd be funny if he had it under the ash tray lol.
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
              Got a pic? When I finaly pony up and buy the pipes to have my Borla Pro XS installed, id like to throw a cut out in there too. Do you have it under the ash tray or just under the lid?
              yeah man i can run out and grab a pic on my phone and upload it when i get a chance. and oddly enough it is literally UNDER the ash tray so it is completely concealed at all times even if someone were to suspect it were under the lid. very stealth.

;)

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
              probably just under the lid; that'd be funny if he had it under the ash tray lol.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

I took the cig lighter out from in front of the shifter and put the button right in there. Looked factory lol.

Comment

I wonder if you could turn the cigarette lighter into a button. Have it sitting right in front and people would never know the difference. Especially in my car anyway, no smoking allowed.
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                  L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Comment

sorry for the delay gents, wasnt near my computer over the weekend.

as requested:

covered as normally
                      [IMG][/IMG]

flipped up lid but still hidden
                      [IMG][/IMG]

no one ever figures this step out when looking for it
                      [IMG][/IMG]

and there she is
                      [IMG][/IMG]

very stealth location, well hidden and out of the way, yet easy to access if you know what you're looking for. i wouldnt have mine any other way personally.

sigpic

Comment

Both of those setups are sweet
                        1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X