door locks acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door locks acting weird

i guess this is the place to ask...if not, my b.

so in the last week my door locks have been acting really strange. sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but its getting worse by the day.

i can unlock them with no problem using the actual power switch in the car, or with my key fob...no issue. but they WILL NOT lock unless i manually lock each door individually. nothing with the key fob or with the actual door switches.

any ideas? i thought maybe a fuse but everything i checked looks good. the strange part is, every once in a while it will still lock, but its getting to be few and far between.

suggestions?
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: door locks acting weird

anything guys/gals? or anyone even had this problem before?
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the regulator is starting to go or theirs not enough power to lock them. I have aftermarket power doors and the passenger side won;t lock but its because the regulator is not in the right place, needs moved so it will lock the door, might be your case too.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The lock motors are not powerful. If you open up the door its pretty easy unhook the lock motor from the lock rod. Do that and then see if it still locks or not. That will at least help you narrow down whether its too much drag on the lock or a dead motor vs something further up the chain.

If the motor still works, make sure the lock rod didn't fall out of the little rubber guides, it might be creating a lot of drag. A little lube on there wont hurt either.

Comment

i had the exact same problem but mine were the actual switch. i could get it to unlock without a problem but to lock it would randomly work perfect or else i'd play with the switch by pushing it down and side to side to get it to lock. replaced the switches and have been good ever since although i don't have an alarm so no key fob test for me.

Comment

thanks guys im gonna rip into the doors one of the next days it's not 100 degrees here and see whats going on. oddly enough, the doors have been working perfectly the last two days so im gonna keep and eye on things and see if it gives me anymore trouble.

im probly going to get one of the autotrix fast window kits for the passenger door here in the next couple of weeks so that will give me a reason to check things out.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X