Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual to power window swap.

Hey guys,
    This is my first post on here:burn:(Although I've been reading stuff on here for months.) I have a 2001 RS Camaro. It did not come with power anything. I added power door locks when I installed my Autopage alarm. I would like to convert the windows over to power, too. So has anyone here done that? And does anyone know all the parts I would need? I have been looking on ebay for the door switches, and the regulators are everywhere. What else do I need, and is it worth it?
    I am tired of not being able to roll down the passenger side when I'm driving.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Manual to power window swap.

Hi and welcome to the site. Please try the search function located in the toolbar above this post. There are many threads and even a sticky (thread that never goes away) on it.

Thanks!

Comment

OK, I found some posts on this now. Looks like the majority of people are saying to stick with the manual windows. I had wondered about the motors burning out, and lifting those huge windows. Guess I'll keep the crankers. I had problems with my 99 S-10 window motors too. They would not go down if I rolled them all the way up. But if I left them down a crack, even the smallest amount, they worked fine.

Comment

Cheapest and easiest way to convert, buy doors that already have power windows installed.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Maaaan... i would convert my electric windows to manual ones ANY day. Lets swap doors :D.
          sigpic

Comment

I converted my manual windows to power about 9 years ago. They are still going strong! I bought a kit online from a company called autoloc by hoffman. I'm not sure if they are still in business or not. But I think it is well worth it to do. I bought the factory window switches so everything would look factory.
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
            Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

i think this is one of those things that is kinda like your name or hairstyle (ie straight vs curly). youre never happy with what you have...the grass is always greener lol
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X