accel coils suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accel coils suck

i ordered 3 accel coils for my 2k bird and all three were bad multiple missfires like crazy and then contacted seller with the issue and he sent three more 1 was good contacted him again he sent two more now it does run but u can tell when u accellerate that it has weak spark cause u have to ease into it it ran great with stokers stay away from these they are garbage part140017

Re: accel coils suck

We always say stock coils are the best, guys go low 11's on them with no problems , maybe 9's if the GTP's and Tim King car went low 9's high 8's I think using them not sure , so their pretty good.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yup, stock coils is what you need.

i have talked so many people out of buying msd coils, and sticking with the stock ones

Comment

yes stock acdelcos are the best msd's are "ok"

Comment

I never had problems with accels, I guess I'm an exception
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

ive never had a prob with them either until now these days nothing seems to be made with any quailty

Comment

Just paint the stock ones if you want a color change. I haven't replaced a stock coil in over 10 years ICM is still stock(180,000 miles) , knock on wood.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

icm is a solid state device unless it gets ****ed with it shouldent die

Comment

I sadly had bad luck with some accel coils as well. I just put the stock ones back on.

Comment

I got some from orielly's that my GM tech recommended me. BWD Select's. There 32.99$ each. Nascar Performance on the box so that's usaully a good thing too.

So far there pretty good. No issue.
                    -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X