has anyone tried this? window motor fix - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried this? window motor fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried this? window motor fix

wondering if it works just wanted to know if anyone had ever seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7JbuUXNhSU

http://www.autotrix.net/Product-Pass...Fix-Kit_1.aspx

Re: has anyone tried this? window motor fix

I have it. Pretty easy install and works infinitely better. Although it did push my old window motor to it's death, it was almost gone anyway, so with that kit and the new motor, it's great. The relay click is a nice addition as well.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

nice i just ordered a new motor and the kit. cant wait this damn window has tortured me this summer to death. bought a window motor and it didnt even last me 2 days before it went out. this is my last option

Comment

Yeah, it's going to provide your motors with higher current, so it'll run stronger and faster.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

nice now my gf wont complain about how slow my window is lol kinda embarrassing actually such nice looking cars without a properly working window. about how long was the install time?

Comment

I want to say about 20-30 minutes depending on your confidence with electronics and your ability to remove panels. I have removing interior panels down to a science and the install took me about 10-15 minutes. You'll need the passenger kick panel and the door panel off to install it. The kit comes with excellent instructions though, so whether it takes you 10 minutes or an hour, it should go without much trouble.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i installed it. worked great at first the only problem im having is that the motor sounds like its loose. when i press the button for the windows to go up, they go up all the way and it continues to go up and i can hear the gear grinding even after the window is all the way up. idk if the screws got loosened up. i saw the picture of the three holes to put the screws through on the motor to mount it but i couldnt get where the second one was suppose to screw into? im talking about the fourth hole on the top side of the motor in this picture? i know i put the screw in there but where does it mount onto? i couldnt find where so i only put in two screws
              http://www.shbox.com/page/windowmotor18.html

Comment

You had to drill out the old rivets to get the old one out so you just use the same spot to mount the new one.

It will mount to the window regulator just like the other two.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X