Transmission shifting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission shifting problems

Ok quick summary on the car. I blew the heck out of my 3800. So I had got a parts car, I put the steering coulmn bcm and PCM from the parts car into the car I'm using. Well the car starts and runs great. The problem is the thing will not shift out of 1st. I put the sgs on an it works still won't shift at all though. And the speedodmeter won't work eather it's an A4 by the way. It shifted fine in the donor car so I'm asuming the trannys ok. Any way I need help so I came here.

Re: Transmission shifting problems

Did you plug in the PCM harness to the trans?
    sigpic

Comment

Yea. There's like three plugs back there I guess? An I did plug them in. But I guess it's possible that they came loose but I pushed them in good. I've only put in three bottals of ATF in an I was thinking maybe the torque converter isn't filled up yet. But first gear has alot of power an doesn't slip.

Comment

Would be a good idea to check the fluid too then. Was your car and the donor car the same year?
        sigpic

Comment

Well I jus checked the fluid an it's not even registuring on the stick so I'll have to get some. But I was told first gear would slip when you get on it if it didn't have enough. But sense it obviously does not I guess that could be it. But still my speedo doesn't work so I thought it may have something to do with it. An no the donor was a 2000 an my car is a 2001.

Comment

If adding fluid doesn't work, You might want to try the PCM that goes with the car.
            sigpic

Comment

yea ill try the fluid thing tomarrow. but the pcm with the car didnt work eather.

Comment

Still doesn't work. I changed the vss on it an noticed the coating on the wires right by the plug was flaking off an maybe grounding out. So I taped them up I don't know how good a job I did but long story short is it still won't work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X