Hurst shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst shifter

I just finished up a 96 5 speed project. I put a 2002 3.8 in it with OBX headers and center force clutch and a hurst short throw shifter. I am working out the bugs. One of the issues I have is I can not seem to find 5th gear. I have never driven this car until this week cause I bought it as a project. I can get it in reverse but I have to push it pretty hard. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?
    If no one has any ideas my next step will be to re-install the factory shifter. My fear is this is not a shifter issue its a tranny issue.

Edit: Any tips on getting the console out? I have a tuff time getting it around the park brake.
    Last edited by Gorn_96; 08-30-2009, 02:37 PM.

Re: Hurst shifter

the top part of the console is held in by two screws under the change holder in the center console in my car which is a 99, idk if its the same for a 96 or not

Comment

what do you mean you have a hard time 5th? Like it doesnt want to go into 5th?

And as far is reverse, it is somewhat of a common problem. Putting the car in 1st, then shifting into reverse helps a lot

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I have always had a decently tough time getting into fifth. Grinds a small bit sometimes before engaging.

Comment

I was just driving it. One time the car shifted great into 5th gear. Most of the time getting to the right of third gear is not possible. It almost feel like I am hitting a hard stop. I had to smack the shifter pretty hard to get it in reverse. On the plus I think I can smack it as needed. I really hope I can fix this. I really don't want to deal with this for the next three years :(

Meatyshells
          Your posts helped early on, I just want to say thanks man.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ro/Mockup1.jpg

Last edited by Gorn_96; 08-30-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Have you checked or changed the fluid in the trans? They use ATF.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X