Transmission cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission cooler

So my new bigger ALM. radiator I bought the lower fitting for the tranny cooler is leaking the fitting I put in pretty much messed up the hole and leaks pretty bad , so instead of taking the radiator back out I buying a Cool TRU MAX HD tranny cooler for a standalone so I can by pass the radiator the cooler is 8 1/2" X 22 3/4" X 1 1/4" and will be in front of the condenser for the best air flow with 3/8" lines. Plus I don't have to worry about a internal leak of the radiator. I have a stock stall and run syn. tranny fluid. Does this sound like it will work well? I know the stock rad. is only 1" thick and doesn't hold much fluid. Should I be Good with the big tranny cooler?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Transmission cooler

i think you'd be better off that way..
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I pretty sure it is big enough, big 7.1L trucks use them for their trannies and it says if I mount it in front of the condenser it should be 100% efficent 45,000 BTU. I have a B&M Super cooler I used with the stock radiator I could also use its 24,000 BTU. But I'll try the the big one first and see how it does. Thanks
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if you wanna ditch that 24,000 let me know :)
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Will do, let me see if the HD one works and I'll let you know about the B&M super cooler.

Comment

cool any other parts you have that you wanna get rid of just let me know i am always buying stuff..
            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
            1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

I'll PM you a list.LOL

Comment

awesome :)
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Being in AZ I would think the big cooler will work well. In areas where it gets cold, the cooler can become a bit of a restriction until the trans warms up. That why there are bypass valves available when pressure is high, it bypasses the coils in the cooler and feeds the cold oil back to the trans. Just something to keep in mind if you find yourself in cooler temps.

Comment

Yep, the only place my car will go is here and CA maybe and Vegas ,so I should be fine. I was just worried the 45,000 BTU tranny cooler and not using the bigger ALM. radiator which I can't unless I pull it out and have the fitting rewelded since I can't weld alm. My JB weld job didn't go well as planned.LOL I think the stock radiator is rated at 24,000 I believe. Having the HD tranny cooler up front where my front grill is cut out and bumper support is removed, also a bigger air dam from RK Sport to pick up more air, manual fan switch I think it should cool pretty well.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 09-03-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      .....My JB weld job didn't go well as planned.LOL ....
                      Yeah, epoxy based products do not hold up well to heat. When epoxy is heated, it softens, making it weaker. Not such a good fix for heated materials. Although some people will swear by JB Weld for fixing cracked blocks. Go figure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X