nise from the rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nise from the rear

Ok I just finished installing a 2000 T/A rear end everything went prety well except for the fact that when im driving there is a very low amount of noise from the rear but it sounds like the disks may be rubbing. When im cruising and let off the gas though it makes a little louder noise but it will go away if i lay on the brakes or shift to N. did i over look something in this rear? but im lost on what is making the rear do this.

Re: nise from the rear

I would say the rear is going bad, did you check the pinion nut before you put it on to see if it was tight? Could be backing out. Did you use the little tube of additive when you fill the rear up with fluid?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

added the additive but ill check the pinion nut. i think i found the cause though there was a small amount of play where i could move the pinion foward and back about 1/8th of an inch. would that be from the loose nut or am i missing a spacer?

Comment

I would check the nut first, they are TTY.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

tty? if that dosent fix it i guess ill be going back to my old rear and gears and just swap out the diff and brakes

Comment

TTY = Torque to Yield , need a new bolt if you take it off can only use once, like head bolts and cam bolt etc..

Comment

oh thanks it may be the issue

Comment

the pinion nut was about 3/4 of a turn loose. tightened it up and the noise has gone away. thanks ssms you saved me a ton of $$

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X