best way to stiffen drive train..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to stiffen drive train..

i feel that my car has a very loose drive train..i want it to be very firm and not as soft...

what can i do?

Re: best way to stiffen drive train..

Shocks /springs, SFC, upgrading LCA's or even the bushings to better stiffer Moog ones .
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Shocks /springs, SFC, upgrading LCA's or even the bushings to better stiffer Moog ones .
      im probably gonna sound suppppppper stupid..but..what are SFS's and LCA's...and the bushing to them?

hahaha sorry..

Comment

Sorry if you don't know you don't belong here bye,

Just kidding LOL, SFC = Sub frame connectors, LCA= REAR lower control arms(if you get these they will come with poly bushings which will stiffen up the car more and help to get rid of wheel hop. If you keep your stock LCA's you can use the Moog Bushings to help stiffen it up. Some people like poly and some don't. My car has all poly everywhere and it rides great so it is just a personal choice.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 08-20-2009, 10:19 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Sorry if you don't know you don't belong here bye,

Just kidding LOL, SFC = Sub frame connectors, LCA= REAR lower control arms(if you get these they will come with poly bushings which will stiffen up the car more and help to get rid of wheel hop. If you keep your stock LCA's you can use the Moog Bushings to help stiffen it up. Some people like poly and some don't. My car has all poly everywhere and it rides great so it is just a personal choice.

hahah i only scrolled down to where you totally owned me..and i was like ahh..im dumb hahah..but thanks for clearing that up for me..im trying to totally fix my suspension and drive train.

been looking at the SLP suspension..looks nice..and with eh SFS's and LCA's itll be amazing

thanks

Comment

No problem, sorry about the joke thought it would be funny, def. LCA's and SFC's you'll noticed a difference, a ADJ. Panhard rod is nice too, if you are going to add bigger tires so you can center the rear. Also I like adj. LCA's they came in handy. If you lower it relocation brackets for the LCA's will help alot also and their not expensive if you shop around. Hot Parts , has some great prices or check out ebay. For cornering some Sway bars off the V8's like 32MM front and 19 MM rear sway you will see a big difference in how much tighter it will corner at higher speeds can be picked up cheap on ebay for pretty cheap or check scrap yards. I picked up a 35mm ST front sway and 21mm rear sway with poly endlinks & bushings for $120, met up with a guy on craigslist who was upgrading his LS1. But I have switched to a 32MM front sway for weight savings.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

so i can grab a pair of stock sways off of the V8? and jsut buy some poly pushings? Im actually heading to a junk yard this weekend to see what they got..i was going to see if i could get a one piece drive shaft off of the V8 too lol might as well grab the sways lol

Comment

Look for a SS or WS6, they should have the 32mm front and 19 rear (1LE's) or ebay will have some on there. Def. get the 1 piece driveshaft and make sure you get a ALM. one their pretty light compared to the 2 peice. Also shocks would be a good choice if yours are going out to get some ADJ. KYB's would be a nice up grade without spending a whole lot, then there are springs, don't know if you are going to lower yours or keep the stock height?
                Last edited by ssms5411; 08-21-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

i wanted to thank you for you help first of all....

Lowering is kinda up in the air still. do you recommend? that SLP packages comes with shocks and springs..i think my car would look pretty sweet with 1" lower..and the springs are a bit firmer..so harder ride..which would be nice..

since im heading over to the junk yard..for the Driveshaft..which car models had the ALM Driveshaft?

and if they dont have an SS or WS6, would a reg trans am or z28 have better sways for me?

Comment

I have ground effects but I did have it lowered 1.5"'s for about 13 years and just raised it back up to stock. I scraped everything , if I didn't have ground effects I would say def. do the 1" drop. Your handling will be even better with the right setup. For the sways since you have a 96' the newer ones have smaller sways on them because they increased their spring rates frrom 98-02. I have a ST 35 mm front sway with poly endlinks and bushings but you would need at least a 19mm or 21mm rear sway with it. It wouldn't be safe with the stock rear one you have now and no suspension upgrades. Check ebay for the sways, you can get some great deals or check your local craigslist to see if anyone is parting out or selling some.

Comment

When you say you scraped everything..do you mean your ground effects? or everything like your oil pan and what not?

Comment

Just the front ground effects and air dam also the rear tail pipes sometimes .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X