4L60E upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60E upgrade question

I think my tranny is on the way out, 1st and reverse are noisy. So I've been doing some research, and I probably got a link to , http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm from here. I would like the "700-E Raptor Junior " (Level 2) but the problem is obvious....the bell housing. It looks like those people only deal in V8's. But n the picture they use the newer version with the removable bellhousing. So I wanted to make sure, because I think this would be so, could a removable bellhousing from a 2.8L Chevy S10 be used? That is, if there is such a thing. LOL

If so I wouldn't know what tail end to use. I would assume the one for a LT1. Any inout would be appreciated. Except for convert to a 5 speed. My DSM as a manual and that's enough for me :P

Re: 4L60E upgrade question

Oops...I should also say that I have a '94 3.4L :)

Comment

Re: 4L60E upgrade question

Nevermind....kind of a stupid question in the first place. With a little more research I found out that GM didn't make any removable bellhousing before '96. So I basically answered my own question in the question. It seems like there would be a market for an aftermarket company to make bellhousing for 60* V6s/4l60E...but I guess not.

Also I email the above company and they replied that they would build me any transmission I want. Just an FYI :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X