Issues with posi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with posi

Ok so i got my posi rearend off ebay, it is a ratech posi unit pulled from a trans-am with 40,xxx original miles, around 400 miles were put on the posi, cruise miles no racing no burn outs (which i was told) guy said he had replaced all parts, bearings, races, crush collar ect. ect, and he did just that, fed ex delivered the posi opened the box and it look brand new just as in the pics and as described and all new parts with it, got an amazing deal, 100 bucks shipped, anyway my friend is a gm tech, i asked him to do the install cause i dont feel comfortable doing it and he has done dozens and never had problems, he wanted to take a look to make sure i had everything i needed before install so i brought it to him he triple checked everything and i have everything expect the pin to lock each end of the axel into the posi, below i have added a pic to show, its the square hole in the unit. So i was just wondering of anybody knew of anyplace i could pick up/order whatever, this piece, i have looked everywhere and have had no luck :cry:
    Thanks guys.

3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Issues with posi

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
    So i was just wondering of anybody knew of anyplace i could pick up/order whatever, this piece, i have looked everywhere and have had no luck

your looking for what i belive i have heard refered to as the "paddle"
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

just order them through a dealership or autoparts store,

Comment

Yes, the dealership should have it, main bearing caps and the pin for it. It look like it is in pretty good shape just from the pic. I need to rebuild my spare torsen I have one of these days. Needs the same part as yours.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yeah smss5411 its in great shape i was very pleased gotta love ebay haha. ok ill go and see if they can order it, thanks guys!
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

its the paddle and bolt..when i bought mine it was missing as well.. got it from ls1 tech for 25 shipped for both pieces

Comment

Originally posted by stg747 View Post
              its the paddle and bolt..when i bought mine it was missing as well.. got it from ls1 tech for 25 shipped for both pieces
              Mine I swapped from the Torsen I had in the car so now I don't have one for this one, so I'll just order the parts for it. I like Torsens , not too much to do a nice rebuild on them.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X