trans mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans mount

ive been reading up on this site a lot. ive read that you can put the v8 trans mount in the v6 by using a spacer or a v8 cross member....does using the stronger mount help with driving at all? like getting rid of a lot of the transmission movement?..thanks

Re: trans mount

Only thing I've heard is that it transfers more vibration (could be just poly though). I just replaced the one in mine (180k) with a stock one, but just because the rest of the drivetrain was new, not because of failure.

Comment

the 1le v8 trans mount is a direct fit, other than the need for spacers. The v6 crossmember has a little dip in it, while the v8 one does not. Hence the need for the spacers.

but for the cost IMO it's better and cheaper to use a poly mount and use rubber swaybar bushings as spacers as to soften the vibrations.
      you need to cut a little slot in the crossmember in order to make the poly mount fit though because they do not make a specific poly mount for our cars, only a universal one
      Last edited by Meatyshells; 07-07-2009, 01:26 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

thanks for the reply..my main concert is that when i get on the gas a bit (sometimes) or hit a big bump (sometimes)...it sounds like my transmission hits the bottom of my car..i think it could be the mount just not doing its job right but idk..

Comment

yeah bouncing shifter sounds like a torn/worn trans mount

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

okay cool..thank you..ill go with the 1LE or the poly mount..thanks all!!!:rock:

Comment

i have a poly mount for mine after i ripped two stock ones in half within a month, i remember reading somewhere the you can also use a crossmember out of a car with the auto tranny so you don't need spacers but i honestly haven't tried yet

Comment

if you use rubber sway bar bushings as spacers would that not defeat the purpose of having the stiffer poly mount?
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4
                2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

now.. to install the poly mount like this one...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/7-1604/10002/-1

i would need to cut a hole the in cross member i have now?

Comment

i have that one and i didn't have to cut anything, even tho i probly should have, the problem is the stud the hold the mounts to the cross member doesn't really fit in the slot already there and its a pain the get everything to line up right, i would make the slot wider and longer like these guys are tell you to do just because it makes life a whole lot easier

Comment

ok thanks..i think im gonna try the stock 1LE mount first...thanks for all the help

Comment

another thing...

im going to be making myself a 1/2" spacer..im assuming i need to get new bolts to fit..

does anyone know the size bolt i would need?

Comment

m10 1.5, 40mm long
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4
                          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                            m10 1.5, 40mm long
                            Perfect...thank you so much!!!:rock::rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X