transmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission problem

so last night i was messing around on the highway to open it up with the new headers, everything was fine and then i tried shifting from 2nd the 3rd and it was really hard, but it finally went, later i downshifted into second again and went to shift into third and it wouldnt go, it wouldnt go into any gears, and the clutch pedal was stuck at the floor

i pulled the pedal up with my foot but i still couldnt get it to go into gear, i pulled over and turned the car off, and it moved into gears easily, so i put it in 1st and started the car, but then i couldnt get it to go into any gears after that

i let it sit for a little and tried again, i finally got it to go into gears and i drove it about 10miles to my house but it was really hard getting into all gears

so what could possibly be wrong? i checked and there is fluid in the master cylinder

Re: transmission problem

if you are in gear and sitting still, with the clutch in, does your car try and move?

Comment

it didnt seem to move

Comment

was diving to my mechanic friends house and then the car just revved up instead of accelerating, and now i can sit in first gear with the car on and it doesnt stall, im guessing clutch but im open to other suggestions

Comment

your hydrolic system may be malfunctioning,the master or slave cylinder may be bad.At first i was going to say the syncrodes but when the clutch pedal stuck to the floor that involves the hydrolic system or possible your clutch,mabe the slave sylinder is not engaging the clutch as it should.BTW if your car grinds gears when you throw it in reverse it may be a flywheel problem,that happens to mine,so i have to put it in a forward gear then put it in reverse.

Comment

somebody else said it could be the slave, i can smell a slight smell of the clutch burning though

Comment

mine was doing the same thing but when my pedal got stuck i pulled it back up with my foot and pumped it lightly then got it in to gear what it happened to be was a bad master cylinder and a worn out clutch so i replaced both and havent had any issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
                BTW if your car grinds gears when you throw it in reverse it may be a flywheel problem,that happens to mine,so i have to put it in a forward gear then put it in reverse.
                no, that is normal because reverse is NOT a syncronised gear

this happens to 99% of manual transmissions

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X