short throw shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short throw shifter

after i get my gears and posi put in next weekend i was thinking about getting a b&m short throw. my brother said not to because he drove his friends camaro with a short thorw and said it misses from 2nd to 3rd. so i was just wornding if anyone has a short throw and how it shifts?

thanks guys
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: short throw shifter

your bro's buddy must have a linkage problem bc i've had my b&m ripper short throw for over 5 years and have yet to have any problems out of it.

quality shifts (well as far as our t5 is concerned), much shorter throw, and no rubbery feel to it.

my buddy with a paxton supercharged '00 mustang gt drove mine and one of the first things he said was, "man this shifter is pretty nice, i can actually slam it in gear and it doesn't feel bad".
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

also, driving different manuals will usually throw off the driver...i know when i DD the v6 and then jump in the z28 with a hurst m6, i tend to be a lil off on my upshifts for a few seconds until i get used to the closer gate.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

if hes missing the 2-3 shifts its cuz he sucks at driving. If ur wanting to get a short shifter go with the proform. Same shifter at the B&M just doesnt have their name on it. Save urself some money

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96 View Post
          if hes missing the 2-3 shifts its cuz he sucks at driving. If ur wanting to get a short shifter go with the proform. Same shifter at the B&M just doesnt have their name on it. Save urself some money
          Isnt that why you kept killing 3rd gear, cuz of the shifter you were using wasnt set correctly?
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

the stops...i wasnt missing the gears tho. HUrst shifter has the adj stop built in the ****er. the b&m and proform dont. Since the shifter had the stops all the way out and the T-5 not having built in stops like the t56 does the tranny was over shifting and i broke countless t-5s lol.

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

ok so i was just looking at websites and came across one called optionracing.com they have a short thow for like 40 bucks

http://www.optionracing.com/features...sp?itemID=1971

whats your guys thoughs?
              3M MAFIA
              ________
              sigpic

Comment

anyone??
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                sigpic

Comment

try it and let us know how it works out

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                    your bro's buddy must have a linkage problem bc i've had my b&m ripper short throw for over 5 years and have yet to have any problems out of it.

quality shifts (well as far as our t5 is concerned), much shorter throw, and no rubbery feel to it.

my buddy with a paxton supercharged '00 mustang gt drove mine and one of the first things he said was, "man this shifter is pretty nice, i can actually slam it in gear and it doesn't feel bad".
                    ^ I had the B&M Ripper for about 5 years and loved it when I had my manual tranny. Great investment for better shifts.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have the Hurst Billet/Plus. It's good. 200 dollars is very pricey though for these shifters.

Comment

ya i was going to go with the b&m but then i found that site (optionracing.com) and they have one for 40 bucks, shounds kind of skechy, but im kind of tempted haha
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                          I have the Hurst Billet/Plus. It's good. 200 dollars is very pricey though for these shifters.
                          very true, but well worth it IMO, i paid 150 for mine 5-6 years ago and have yet to have a problem with it. i've learned through all of my modding that you definitely get what you pay for, and cheaping out up front will end up costing you more in the end.

sigpic

Comment

Oh definitly. I love mine, and it's well worth the cost.

Comment

I don't see how they can be any different from a stock shifter. What the hell is the difference? How can they make the throw shorter? And finally, whats the point?
                              sigpic
                              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X