4l60e... 700r4... what are the differences - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4l60e... 700r4... what are the differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4l60e... 700r4... what are the differences

I'm sure the internals are significantly different, but I don't know much about transmissions. I have an 88 Full size Blazer K5 with a 700r4 transmission. I'm rebuilding the tranny in that. I also have a 4-speed auto out of a 99 firebird that I may be selling bc I have no use for it... I know that there are differences between the one from my Blazer and the Firebird, but would there be any advantage to keeping the firebird tranny around until I get the one for the Blazer diagnosed and rebuilt? are any of the parts interchangeable? Am I just wasting mine and your time by posting this?

thanks
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Re: 4l60e... 700r4... what are the differences

V8 and V6 and different trannies won't bolt up. Just goggle the difference between the 2, one in the Firebird 4L60E is electronic internals shifting gears ,while the other is vacuum I believe, 700R4 no electronics to shift gears. Thats about all I know .LOL
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This is what I figured, just figured I'd double check
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I would hang on to that tranny. Most of the internals, aside from the valvebody, are the same. Alot of the hard parts are interchangeable.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X