another "grinding in reverse" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another "grinding in reverse" issue

ok most of the answers are "put in in ??? gear and then reverse" and i was doing this for about one year...no issues at all....i did a huge engine tune up and new autozone clutch, slave, and resurface flywheel...and now two issue come up

first yet i think getting better .... when car has been driving it starts to get difficult to put into first gear....however i think this just might need to break in new clutch

second and never was there before....i cant stop the reverse grinding no matter what i do....i have to turn off the car and then put it in reverse...which im thinking my issue is worst....either let the clutch break in or just a need of a t5 rebuilt......any thoughts?

Re: another "grinding in reverse" issue

first off, reading your post was confusing as hell
    second how does your clutch pedal feel? maybe you need to bleed the line. Also check the fluid level

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

your hydraulics need bled

get a mityvac and bleed the everliving hell out of it

Comment

Sounds like you need to bleed it some more...
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
          first off, reading your post was confusing as hell
          second how does your clutch pedal feel? maybe you need to bleed the line. Also check the fluid level
          Lmao I get that a lot both in writting and in voice.....and my clutch does feel
          A lil softer then before......Pretty much I can not get into reverse no matter
          what I do....And I forgot to say my details ..... I have a 95 chevy 3.4 camaro.
          With t5(m5) Tranny.... ok ill try to find The post someone made on the minivac ....
          and how to use it thanks Ill post back.
          Last edited by BEAST; 05-31-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

ok guys can someone explain how to use the mighty max....i purchased one and every good post i read is discribing a different slave cylinder...or atleast i think ...i dont seem to have a bleeder in my system....can someone please shine in.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
              ok guys can someone explain how to use the mighty max....i purchased one and every good post i read is discribing a different slave cylinder...or atleast i think ...i dont seem to have a bleeder in my system....can someone please shine in.
              follow these directions: http://www.performanceworks1.com/ls1...h_bleeding.htm

i only have a few changes, pump it up to 12" of vacuum then leave it alone for about 30min, come back and pump the pedal a few times, then take the mityvac out and do it over again a few times

Comment

http://www.performanceworks1.com/ls1...h_bleeding.htm

yeeeees finally ok i pretty much did what the instruction said and i hope i didnt hurt anything because at first i remove the tip of the vac while it still had pressure...anyway i hope this helps

my issues

fuse pops when put into reverse
                fuse pops when signal light is put on
                slipping clutch
                no clutch pedal pressure

the fix... new clutch and throw out bearing, resurface flywheel, new slave, found a cut 12volt orange wire under dash by steering column, cleaned both sensor plugs on t5 tranny(back up switch and speed sensor), tranny fluid change

fixed all problems however new issues......
                1rst gear hard to put in gear...
                reverse nearly impossible(kept grinding)...
                loose clutch pedal

the fix buy a mightyvac(38 bucks total at sears for the plastic version they have a aluminum mad in a box for 60 bucks) and follow the intructions on top ...repeated about 10 times to be safe....and replaced back up switch(i think the cut 12volt is what caused the pop fuse however to security i replaced the switch only 9 bucks at the zone)

Comment

dude i have the exact same problem,hard to get into first and grinds in reverse,but not when you put it in first but now even when i put it in first then reverse i sometimes get a slight low pitch grind,very sligh but enough to hear it,im thinking it's my slave since it's not new

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
                    dude i have the exact same problem,hard to get into first and grinds in reverse,but not when you put it in first but now even when i put it in first then reverse i sometimes get a slight low pitch grind,very sligh but enough to hear it,im thinking it's my slave since it's not new
                    like i said in your other thread, grinding is reverse is normal, but i have a test for you

press the clutch in and wait 10 seconds, then put it in reverse, if it still grinds a bit, then that means there is something wrong with the slave (in your case)

edit* i also hd the hard to get into 1st problem, but that was because the hydraulics needed bled, i really think your slave is leaking and that is why you are getting fluid loss

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X