getting new tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting new tranny

alright im breaking down and buying a new tranny but if its out i wanna change the stall converter and i dont want a high stall like no more than 3000. ive heard that a 4 banger s10 converter works and is 2800-3000rpm. does any one know if its a direct bolt up or not? cause i cant find a real answer on any of the treads. thx

Re: getting new tranny

Talk with the guys at Performabuilt. They can build you a good tranny with a converter of your choice. Not too expensive either.

http://www.performabuilt.com/
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

sweet dude thx im gunna look into the 2300-2500 rpm astall thats exactly what im looking for

Comment

Performbuilt is the way to go, but he will tell you to go at least 3000 on a stall , a 4cyl. S-10 will work on FTV6 theres a guy who has his in and he has 3.73's and just installed a turbo. I'll find you the link and you can PM him about the S-10 stall. I'm going to wait until I see what my turbo likes before I change out stalls , since he said a looser stall might do well for my app. When my tranny goes I'll be looking at a level 2 since it is only like $150 more than level 1.

Heres the site and the name of the guy: He is seeing 3400 from the S-10 stall with his 3.73's

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=52001
        Last edited by ssms5411; 05-12-2009, 02:09 AM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X