a4 to ls1 6 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a4 to ls1 6 speed

i recently aquired a ls1 6 speed is there anyway to hook up the m6 to the v6s
    i mean i know id have to get a adapter plate but will it work? i have a machince shop that np could make me a plate. but i have the tranny and if im going to switch my car from a4 to manual im going big

Re: a4 to ls1 6 speed

There is a thread on FTV6 where someone did this.
    sigpic

Comment

No , not really the Co. that did it I think went out of business. But it was pretty expensive also.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I think it cost pat aroudn 6k do the the swpa to his car. With money, most things are possible lol
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

yes, you can put a t56 on a v6 camaro, but you should NOT do it unless you like to replace your clutch every 20,000 miles and have to put in 4.56 gears to have any movement trying to move that transmission properly

first gear in a t56 is like 2nd gear for the t5's, you are gonna toast your clutch unless you do gears

Comment

or add power
            Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

you will need more power to do so. so if you dont have anyhting yet, i would suggest cam/heads, exhaust, intake, p&p, possibly turbo/nitrous/super charger.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                you will need more power to do so. so if you dont have anyhting yet, i would suggest cam/heads, exhaust, intake, p&p, possibly turbo/nitrous/super charger.
                Or just stick with the T5...

If he's currently running near stock power, than the T5 should be more than enough with room to grow.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Yes, just stick with the T5, even with small PSI like 6-7 PSi and 100 shot of nitrous you'll be fine. But if you go turbo and run 8-10 PSI or more there is always G-Force tanny that will hold 500HP and 600TQ. Tef. Hunden runs 18 PSI + meth and dynoed over 450 WRHP and over 500 TQ with his G-Force tranny at 5200 FT in Colorado high country. Stock motor except for double roller timing chain, 130 LB springs and tunning software. He is the one that I got my idea of running under the K with his GT42R turbo. I would like to see what he would dyno at sea level or a decent altitude, I bet he would run some wicked times.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X