differential swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differential swap

Hey guys I was considering swaping differentials in my bird with the one in my S10 Xtreme. Reason being as my S10 has a posi unit and the car of course is a LSD. Im not sure what diff. the truck actualy has as Ive not looked into it much but I was wondering if this would work because Im pretty sure they are the same rearend? Also would this be worth the swap?
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Re: differential swap

sup brotha,

I think it'd be more work and money trying to swap them than it would be to buy a used rear end or something. You got stock 3.42 with LSD? Or is that why you want to switch?
    99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

Re: differential swap

When mine was replaced last year with the 3.73's I got, my 96' rear end had some problems with it I think something was stuck, reluctor I think(had a few accidents when I was younger, one was the rearend) so my Dad who was the shop manager found a 10 bolt out of a truck and had the mechanics swap my new GM motives 3.73's and Torsen Diff and they swaped my rear discs with all new seals and bearings. I want to say it was from a midsize truck since thats where my car was in the truck shop.LOL They also had a hard time fitting everything in there so they had a 10 bolt from some truck. When i jacked it up to do some work after I got it back I could tell that wasn't my 10 bolt, because I posted pics where the holes were open where the TQ arms bolts go through. he finally fest up and said they swaped it becuase mine was beaten up and something was stuck so he just bought a new part and had them put it all together, I wondered why it took them 10 hours, 1-2 hours to find out they couldn't use it and then finding another and finding parts at other dealerships and rebuilding it between working on other cars that came in I think there was 2 mechanics working on it on/off. So I have no idea what 10 bolt is in mine.LOL
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X