Which is the best Clutch Kit for the 3.4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best Clutch Kit for the 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best Clutch Kit for the 3.4

Hi guys from your experiences in clutch kit for the 3.4 manual transmission which brand and stage gives best results?

Re: Which is the best Clutch Kit for the 3.4

that depends on who you talk to, and what you have done with the engine.

i would vote for just a stock style clutch (luk, exedy, etc.)

Comment

It all depends on what you have done, or want to have done to your car in the future. I looked around for a little while when I was about to do my clutch, and I ended up getting a SPEC stage 2. It has good street manners, but if you dump it it'll grab hard.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Thanks guys,I just wanted to who upgraded they clutch and what they upgrade too,and what results you feel,that's it really,honestly you can never have to much clutch grip or traction and it becomes a disadvantage if you get what I mean.
        I'm thinking of a Spec but the Centerforce costs more and it doesn't come with a release bearing or alignment tool,like the other brands.

Comment

Yeah, I got my kit for around $420, and it came with everything. Pilot berring, throwout berring, and allignment tool.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

i had a exedy "stage 1" clutch and honestly it just felt like stock. If I could do it again I would go for something with a little more bite, like a spec stage 2, even on a bolt on only car.

Comment

My car has only got an slp cai, and pacesetters, and I think its great how it is. There's times where the car wants to launch and I have to jam the clutch back in real quick, but it only happens every once in a while. I had originaly planned on getting the spec stage 3, because it was only like $40 more than the stage 2, but my buddy told me id be fighting the clutch constantly because its not traffic friendly.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lubsvitek View Post
                i had a exedy "stage 1" clutch and honestly it just felt like stock. If I could do it again I would go for something with a little more bite, like a spec stage 2, even on a bolt on only car.
                thats because it is a stock clutch, it is the same exact clutch that came on the car from the factory, except it comes in an exedy box instead of luk

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                My car has only got an slp cai, and pacesetters, and I think its great how it is. There's times where the car wants to launch and I have to jam the clutch back in real quick, but it only happens every once in a while. I had originaly planned on getting the spec stage 3, because it was only like $40 more than the stage 2, but my buddy told me id be fighting the clutch constantly because its not traffic friendly.
                i would use a stock style clutch, and im not sure what you mean by it wants t launch and you need to jam the clutch back in

Comment

I mean exactly that. Ill let the clutch out from a stop, and every once in a while the car will try to launch without me mashing the gas. The clutch grabs!!!
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X