trans oil temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans oil temp

anyone no what the trans oil temp should be under normal conditions in a 97 A4??

Re: trans oil temp

Mine stays under 190F.
    sigpic

Comment

I know in AZ average is 180-210 in the hot summer. This is with no add-on tranny cooler.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The trans temp is probably always going to be in the 190-210 range bcause the trans fluid runs through the radiator, therefore keeping the trans at the same temp as engine... Unless for some reason the trans is under a heavy load that's heating it up.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
          The trans temp is probably always going to be in the 190-210 range bcause the trans fluid runs through the radiator, therefore keeping the trans at the same temp as engine... Unless for some reason the trans is under a heavy load that's heating it up.

The trans cooler is in the cold side of the radiator that is much cooler then the temps the temperature gauge or t stat see's.
          sigpic

Comment

mercon 3 starts to oxidize around 210 under 200 deg is normal if your getting 210+ i would suggest a cooler

remember to top off the tranny fluid gotta account for the cooler and lines

Comment

This is why I run a B&M supercooler here in AZ and Valvoline Dexron VI synethic fuild becuase , I think dexron III starts breaking down around 250 degrees or something like that. On a hot day and beating on it in 115 degree temps and road temps 130+ , I would imagine a stock car would having its tranny fluid start turning black. The thing I like about the Dexron VI is it is clear like so when it getting darker I'll know when to change it.LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X