second cable coming off shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second cable coming off shifter?

Hey guys, got the TH400 installed (93 camaro, LS1 swap), and I'm attempting to swap the shifter for a B & M Hammer. I got the shifter select cable removed from the driver's side of the shifter, but on the passenger side of the shifter there is a second cable.

Anyone know what this cable is and where it goes to?

I tried finding it underneath the car and I can't tell where this cable is!

Thanks again for any help/advice!

Re: second cable coming off shifter?

can you take pictures from different angles?

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      can you take pictures from different angles?
      No problem:

Comment

In the Haynes manual page 7B-4 it's called the Park/Lock cable. I'll bet it's what makes you press the brake to shift out of park. The book does not specifically state what it's for, so that's my assumption from its name.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

that makes sense, because i have a th350 trans (same shifter) and it doesnt have anything like that on there, and im not required to press the brake to change gears.

Comment

You guys kick ***. I looked through the service manual I have and finally found it. It looks like it stays in the passenger compartment and goes up to the steering column, which is weird, but maybe it does that because it needs to be involved with the ignition switch (really not sure, taking a shot in the dark here).

Since it's in the passenger compartment, that explains why I couldn't find the cable underneath the car. lol

Thanks again guys

Comment

No problemo
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by demonpixel View Post
                You guys kick ***. I looked through the service manual I have and finally found it. It looks like it stays in the passenger compartment and goes up to the steering column, which is weird, but maybe it does that because it needs to be involved with the ignition switch (really not sure, taking a shot in the dark here).

Since it's in the passenger compartment, that explains why I couldn't find the cable underneath the car. lol

Thanks again guys
                yup, probably a function where you cant take it out of park unless the key is turned or something similar

Comment

either that or so that you can't take the key out unless it's in park
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X