t5 to t56???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 to t56???

I tried searching about this, but couldn't find anything, but is it possible to swap a t56 tranny into a v6 car with a t5???
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: t5 to t56???

No, the place that did the conversion went out of business I believe. It was like $2500 for the kit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

not worth it...

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Go on www.fquick.com look for Linx with the green Turbo Camaro and he'll answer your question better than almost anybody else in this forum can. Based on what I know he got the T56 transmission custom built by www.sixspeedsinc.com I forgot how much he said it cost but I think it was around 2K. Good luck man hope this helps!

Comment

I think it is worth it. Especially if you have a high powered V6 since a lot of people have been complaining about how the T5 is weak and breaks. Not only that I'd pay 2500 to stay away from driving gaymatic in a high powered car.

Comment

Yes you can do it, but as stated, it is not worth it. A G-Force T5 can hold plenty for what our cars can put out unless you're tim king.
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

The G forces are pretty stout, T.H. has one in his GT40R Turboed Camaro putting down 466 wrhp and 588 TQ with 18 PSI. So I think they are more than enough for are 3.8's.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

BTW it's 2500+ the cost of the trans which are usually 2k
                Y87 Package
                MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                BONE APPROVED!
                VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                Team Black...TEAM EMO
                sigpic
                Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

^ Thats true compared to a G-Force at like $2300 shipped and direct swap. I was going to get one if I didn't have my accident and had to get a A4.

Comment

Right on guys, thanks for the info. My car is pretty much stock, i just wanted to see if it was possible because it would be nice to have another gear.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X