Transmission fluid looks wierd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission fluid looks wierd

The rear seal on my transmission (manual) was leaking so I changed it this weekend. The fluid that came out when I removed the driveshaft looked like a melted strawberry milk shake. Not exactly what I was expecting to say the least. I am assuming that its not good, but what does transmission fluid that looks like this indicate?
    Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Re: Transmission fluid looks wierd

it sounds like you got moisture in it some how. it takes dexron III i believe which is red and then if you get water into it it will turn milky lol you should have seen my ranger with 265k on the original fluid

Comment

I run valvoline Dexron VI syn. which is clear in color in my A4 and so far so good. I will use RP when I need to change fuilds again.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's a good indication of contaminated fluid. I would drain and refill.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I did a drain and refill last night. I guess I will just check in in 10K or so.
          Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X