Corvette Servo Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Servo Install

I decided to take a break from trying to diagnose my other problems the other day and install my Transgo Shift Kit and Corvette servo. Everything was going fine, I dropped the pan and valve body, did all the upgrades, and then I went to install the new vette servo and couldn't get the wire retainer off. It is sealed by rust to the housing. After a few days of soaking in PB blaster, I've managed to get half the retainer off by prying with a small crowbar, but I'm out of space to put the crowbar. Can anyone give me some insight on how I could get the rest of the retainer out? With the tight space up there, I'm about to say screw it and try and drop the tranny so I can get better angles, but I would love ideas on how to avoid this. If no one can think of anything, how hard is it to remove the transmission?

Re: Corvette Servo Install

Depress the servo cover. It should pop right out if it's already started.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried, and can't depress it. I bent a large screwdriver trying, and then I got out a small crowbar, and all the prying in the world won't budge it.

Comment

Can you get a screwdriver under the snap ring and twist it like in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WpjGQnEixo
        sigpic

Comment

I got the screwdriver in and twisted like that video, but the ring doesn't pop off. I had to use lots of PB blaster and prying to get half the ring loose. It's like the whole thing is glued behind it with rust. I'm gonna try and get a pair of vice grips tomorrow to see if I can force it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X