gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gears

should i buy 4.10 gears or is that to much?

Re: gears

I have had 3.23's ,3.42's and no have 3.73's. I had 3.23's and 3.42's when I had a M5 and with the A4, I went to 3.73's. For my taste and my high speeds I like to drive on open highway, 3.73's are perfect for me with the A4. Also depends what your goal is? If your a M5 or A4? A4 has a better final overdrive ratio compared to the M5. If your doing it for track and it is not a highway driver, then 4.10's would be fine. I think 3.73's is a good all around gear. At 75mph-80mph I'm still around 2500 RPMS so it is not stressing the rearend. Plus a TA cover helps cool the rear with more fluid capacity and a stud kit will help stregthen the rear. So it would be how you drive it, is how you would choose your gears.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i dont know what trans i have i can tell you that i have a 1993 3.4l v6 auto camaro i think it is the A4. i want to change it to a manual but i dont know what to change it to do you have any ideals?

Comment

Automatic = A4, get a posi with it. just research it all and make your own decision, it feels better that way.

Comment

From what I've been reading 4.10's are not as bad on the highway as people make them out to be. Mileage may drop a little, but it really sounds like the added acceleration and all around driveability would make them worth it. One of these days I'd like to get 4.10's. It sounds like it's a great mod that really wakes the car up.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by thereddragon View Post
            i dont know what trans i have i can tell you that i have a 1993 3.4l v6 auto camaro i think it is the a4. I want to change it to a manual but i dont know what to change it to do you have any ideals?
            wow!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X