axle splines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle splines

i've been looking around thinking about buying a lsd. all the ones i've come across either ask if i have 26 spline or 28 spline axles. is there anyway to find out other than taking the rear apart what i have. thanks, 02 camaro 3.8

Re: axle splines

All 4th gen Fbodies came with 28 spline axles.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

thanks

Comment

93-97 or it is 93-96 have longer axles than the 98-02 axles so if you try to use the 98+ axles on a 96 it will be too short. I know there is a differnece between some of the 93-02 axles.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          93-97 or it is 93-96 have longer axles than the 98-02 axles so if you try to use the 98+ axles on a 96 it will be too short. I know there is a differnece between some of the 93-02 axles.
          im betting that its 93-96 since thats when they changed the hub size (for what im assuming is standard disc brakes??)

Comment

^ Thats it 93-96 is different size.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

^^^^ All good information, but he's not interrested in replacing the axles, he's installing a LSD ;)
              -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X