3.73 or 4.11 in your M5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.73 or 4.11 in your M5?

I destroyed my 3.73's and Im thinking about moving up. Its a daily driver. From you guys experience, what best for you?
    Last edited by chevy3504me; 03-08-2009, 04:00 PM.

Re: 3.73 or 4.11 in your M5?

4.11 will be over before your started. too short for a stick

Comment

If you're getting gears 4.10 is the way to go man. You want to use that 225 torque to the best of your cars ability. You want to intimidate anyone who tries to race you on the street? You want to show of that V6 torque all the V8 and even Import owners underestimate? If you answered yes to all these questions get 4.10's my cousin has a V6 Camaro and every time anyone tries to race it he guns it and leaves them in the dust by the time hes on middle of third gear and by the next stoplight everybody is like what do you have under the hood man? My cousin just laughs and says 3.8 V6 GM Iron block. There response is "wow man that pretty fast for a 6" Trust me man you won't be disappointed.

Comment

What about 70MPH on the highway? I have broken 2 sets of gears and Im thinkin the 4.10's will break as well. With the 4.10's my tires should be leaving the ground hahaha. Im almost there. I also have a 9" in the garage I might build if I cant decide

Comment

70MPH on the highway is fine. Not as bad as some people put it out to be. Nothing a good driver can't maneuver or handle to get a place or overtake in traffic. You always got your brakes also just in case you can't get in front of someone just get behind them. 65MPH is the speed limit on California Highways so it works just fine over here.

Comment

Its my DD and SOMETIMES I drive at 70+ mph for over 2 hours a day. My top speed will kick back a few mph too. hmmmmm i dunno im thinkin ill get both and get another rear and spap them out hahaha

Comment

with 4.10s you will cruise at 3100 rpms at 80mph
              Last edited by Meatyshells; 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

What about 70 MPH? This may help me slow down and decrease my annual ticket income

Comment

70mph = 2700 rpms

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

hmmmmmm. With the 3.73's I think I was at 23 or 2400. Thanks

Comment

I might get the 4.11's and throw on a bigger tire

Comment

or 4.10's. cant keep em straight, building a 9 inch as well

Comment

just go w/ 3.90's if you can't decide

Comment

Ive thought alot about 3.90s but its eiser to find the two options I have. Some one always has a new set they purchased and were unable to use. Thats an instant $100 saving hahaha. Most ppl say the 3.90s are stronger too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X