New Stage 1 clutch is SOFT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stage 1 clutch is SOFT

I just bought a new stage 1 clutch of the "F1 Racing" brand off ebay. I had a trusted GM dealer put it into my 99 Camaro. I was expecting the clutch to be firm, instead it's soft as butter. It's softer then the original that was in it. The clutch seems to engage quickly and smoothly, with no slip. Everything seems fine, but I'm just wondering why the pedal is so soft. Anyone have any answers/ideas? Thanks!

Re: New Stage 1 clutch is SOFT

after doing a bit of searching, i have come to the conclusion that many people who have used that clutch kit didnt like the feel of it

if its not slipping, and engaging good, i wouldnt worry about it

Comment

It's not the install, it's the clutch.

First off you purchased a Stage 1, which is nearly an OEM replacement in many cases. Second off, you purchased an "off-brand", so I wouldn't expect it to feel like a Spec, or a Centerforce.
      Y87 Package
      MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
      Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
      BONE APPROVED!
      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
      Team Black...TEAM EMO
      sigpic
      Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by XxNovaSS1971xX View Post
        I just bought a new stage 1 clutch of the "F1 Racing" brand off ebay. I had a trusted GM dealer put it into my 99 Camaro. I was expecting the clutch to be firm, instead it's soft as butter. It's softer then the original that was in it. The clutch seems to engage quickly and smoothly, with no slip. Everything seems fine, but I'm just wondering why the pedal is so soft. Anyone have any answers/ideas? Thanks!

i hope you break it in correctly and don't act like a jackass.. i hope by quickly and smoothly ..your driving normal and not crazy..
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Oh, I hardly ever drive crazy. I go the extra mile to care for the car. Yes, I'm driving it carefully.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X