shifter linkage cable (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifter linkage cable (again)

what range of years will the shifter cable work on a 99 firebird? like would a 93 firebird or camaro work? or will it fit as long as it has a 4l60e.

Re: shifter linkage cable (again)

A 4l60e, I would think?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thats what i was thinking because i called the dealership and they want $117.

i found this one and thought it would work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1205

Comment

Thats crazy are you sure you have the right part #?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

part # is 12558306 , $41.09 on GMpartsdirect.com

Comment

its because its the whole assembly, i cant figure out how to take out the cable.

Comment

Take the cable from where the shifter or the tranny?

Comment

i got it off its just that it goes into this "holder" and idk if its suppose to come off to replace the cable.

the cable runs inside this whole piece and i cant get it out. Its like its one piece. From the right where the spring is it starts and then when it comes out on the left it looks thicker so im guessing the cables inside but idk how to get it out. sorry if thats confusing

Comment

The cable comes with its cover - and what you see is pretty much the whole thing. You can pinch the sides at the metal to get it out. I have a spare cable I just swapped out from mine - all it's missing is the adjustment retaining pin. If you have that piece, then you can have mine for cheap...

Comment

Here's a hint of what I mean:

1) put car in neutral, on a lift or jackstands
                    2) remove cable from shift selector in console
                    3) remove cable end from transmission-side selector arm (should pop off
                    4) remove end from bracket (don't have to remove the bracket, just pinch the sides of the retainer, then pull through)

5) replacement is reverse, just keep the adjustment pin out until you get it into place. Make sure you're in neutral both at the selector in the cabin and on the transmission before popping it into place.

Comment

I was trying to get a pic from the 93-02 parts manual to post up but I couldn't figure out how to post it up. I think on Z28.com is where you can download the parts manual and just look at the pictues for it. It will show you every bolt and screw that is on the whole car with part #'s. It is great for finding part #'s and how to remove and put stuff in. Good luck

Comment

thanks man you've been nothing but help, ill look at it right now. Hopefully traumadog will save me and this will be a shut case finally.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X