Whats this piece, what does it do and how hard to replace it? (i broke it) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this piece, what does it do and how hard to replace it? (i broke it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats this piece, what does it do and how hard to replace it? (i broke it)

Where are the staple shaped retainer and clip on the transmission located? where the cable and lever meet? all i saw was like a black knob connected to the lever but didnt see any clip or retainer. Do i have to take off that thing that the cable goes into before it gets to the lever i think it helps guide it because it has a bolt or two to take it off.

Comment

is this the piece?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3753wt_1662

Comment

how do i remove this piece and take out the cable from it to replace it?

Last edited by firebird19_99; 02-13-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Squeeze the sides of the black plastic part to the right of the second picture. You should be able to slide back through the metal bracket. It's a tight squeeze but it will come out.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

the whole thing will fit through there? thanks other than that my only other question is how do i take the cable out of it to replace it?

Comment

I don't know about the part that went into the tranny because the mechanic did that and I just put in the shifter assembly and connect the cable to it, just make sure what ever gear you in you conect the cable when its in that gear. You can pull on the cable to get what gear you need. Like if you pushed it all the way in, that would be park, the pull once for R ETC. On the shifter I think it just poped on.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 02-15-2009, 01:23 AM.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

alright thanks again, sorry to bother so much

Comment

No problem thats how we learn is to ask questions, once you do it you can help someone else who asks then you'll know more than me because you actually did it from the tranny on.LOL Good luck. Did you see what I was talking about, how the line curves up going up into the shifter, maybe because I had to bolt my shifter assembly in and weld it at the one end and try to use my M5 shifter boot for insulation so no heat would come up through there, came out great but I think that made it more work I can't remember all of it. But it seemed like it took me awhile. Plus the wiring and removing the clutch switch and master cyl. and slave. I still have the 3rd pedal I need to cut off.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Like I put in your other post (mods have yet to approve it) you pinch here (in the pic) to get the cable free from the bracket. I have a cable I can let you have for cheap - but you'll need the adjustment retaining pin - it's missing on mine, and I replaced the whole thing. You might be able to get it off your old one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X