OD shutter on 4l60e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD shutter on 4l60e

Im getting a shuttering when in OD, im thinkin tranny prob but not sure, everything works good but when in overdrive it surges/shutters when accelerating, does anyone know if this is a prob with this tranny, and whats the best way to diagnose??

Re: OD shutter on 4l60e

just to make sure, are you talking about when it hits 4th gear, or when the torque converter locks up?

Comment

I think its when it locks up, if i tap the brakes the rpms go up and it seems to stop but only for a second then its back. any ideas would be great

Comment

how does the engine run when in gear and not moving. if you have an occasional misfire you may only notice it when the the engine is under load at low rpms, which would be when the torque converter is locked up and when you are idling with the brake on in gear. that should give you an extra piece of evidence to work with.

Comment

It runs alright, i cant hear a misfire, but this shutter is definatly when the TCC locks up, i hope i dont have to replace the TC,i heard that would cost a small fortune. What could i do to find out if it an ignition prob and not the TCC??

Comment

So, before i went for a drive today i decided to fiddle around with all the electrical connections just in case something was loose and causing this shutter feeling when under load (when OD locks up) i pushed all sensor connections in tight and same with spark plug wires, And it worked!!! the shuttering is almost completly GONE, the only problem now is that im not sure what fixed it, anyone wanna give me there best geuss??

Comment

sparkplug wires

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X