ABS Reluctor Ring/Speed Sensor Ring? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS Reluctor Ring/Speed Sensor Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Reluctor Ring/Speed Sensor Ring?

The modifications encyclopedia says when changing to a 3 series carrier you also need to change the ABS reluctor ring. GMpartsdirect.com has listed what I believe to be the same part, a Speed Sensor Ring. Am I correct?

TEAM C6V6

Re: ABS Reluctor Ring/Speed Sensor Ring?

IIRC, the reluctor ring is what the Ring gear rests against. I can't think of anything else in the powertrain that would be a "Speed sensor ring", so I'd say that's the part you need. Which differential are you going with--series 3 open or series 3 LSD? How much are the speed rings

Comment

Series 3 lsd, I can't get any traction with an open differential and this turbo setup. That's also why I want your 3.42 gears, i'll be diggin into the rear end as soon as I get all the parts. The speed rings are 32 w/o lsd and 33 with.

I am worried that the 3.42 won't produce the load that I'll really need to spool this turbo good but, at 50 bucks I'll cut my losses. Either way, I'll be happy with anything other than this open 3.08.

Edit: From what you've told me, on the blown up diagram on gmpartsdirect.com the speed ring appears to be where you say the reluctor ring should be. So I'm about 99% sure they're the same thing.
      Last edited by Blizzard242; 02-03-2009, 12:05 AM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i have a used one. $25 and its yours
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

The ring definately needs to be changed. The 3 series ring is about twice as wide as the 2 series ring. If I remember correctly, I only paid about $25 for it new from the dealer.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Apparently I get a discount at the local gm parts dealer here through the business I work at. My boss/dad told me to go to him next time I needed any parts like this.

I'll see how much this discount will be and then maybe I'll come to you Tom. Either way, thanks.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

no problem
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X