broke something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke something

ok so i was driving and when i turned at the stop light my rpms just kept going higher, my transmission wouldnt shift so i decided to use the 1-2-3 gears but nothing happened when i put it on 3, the car just stayed in first and the RPMs just kept going up. So i pull over and put it back to drive but the thing wont budge from there, it would go down but not up. No problem i thought bc this happens in winter and i just stick a screwdriver in and push some metal tab under the sifter and upper console down and then its sifts to reverse and park. So i try to do that and it doesnt budge, I trun my car off thinking it will help but doesnt and now my car wont start bc its in third and needs to be in park or N. So now im getting pissed bc im late to work. So i stick the screwdriver again and force it up. It finally moves and the car starts but now i still have the same problem with the shifting and then i notice this one piece is broken. Its like a black plastic rod that has a white plastic it encases and in that are some wires i think, like silver wire strands. The whole rod is all the way to the left and seems to do down into the car and to the transmission. Now my car starts up whether its in park, n, R, or drive. And the other problem is that its always in drive whether i put it in R or park it doesnt matter. Anyone know what i broke, what else might be wrong, and how much it would cost to fix, and where i can find these parts (links)? is anyone selling them maybe? i need to know, she's my DD and i need her for work. Thanks

Its located by the left arrow, i think that might be what it looks like, not my car just found a pic that might be close. it goes down into the transmission as i can see it sitting in my car. Hope someone can help. Thanks again

Re: broke something

Its the piece that lets you do one of these two things (i thinks its the first because i had problems getting it out of Park even when i pressed the brake pedal) And i quote, "One of them runs to the automatic brake pedal, and lets the auto shifter engage out of PARK when the brake pedal is depressed. The other cable runs somewhere behind the dash and prevents you from taking your key out when you're in any gear but PARK, and also prevents you from putting the car into any gear unless you have the key in and to the ON position."

Comment

Re: broke something

I read your post earlier, but I didn't want to respond because I never had an Automatic 4th Gen, and so I didn't know what could cause your issue.

If I were to guess, I'd say that you should replace both cables to be on the safe side. What they're called and the difficulty of replacing them is something I cannot help you with. Hopefully, your superhero will arrive shortly with your answer.

Good Luck!
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X