Transmission Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Prob

I dunno for some reason when I was riding earlier it's like my transmission starts to get weak and it doesn't put any power to the ground it seems only to happen after I ride around for a while.....whats goin on?

Re: Transmission Prob

its getting to hot...does it shift hard?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

more info would be nice, like what year/ type of trans you have?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

YEAH it starts shifting so hard that it makes a clunking sound when it shifts, and its a 94 V6

Comment

Well what can I do to cool it off and what could be the reason that its not cooling off because im almost pretty sure thats what it is

Comment

Auto?!? If so, tranny cooler. Manual, I think you're outa luck.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

its auto, cause t-5's shift as hard as the driver wants...

At any rate, i have the same problem, when i take a good long interstate drive it starts to shift hard and sometimes even wont shift into fourth, what i did was change out the tranny filter and drain the fluid in the pan (not a full flush) and it still did it. so my next move is to have the radiator rodded out, maybe help cool things off a bit.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah its Auto and u said tranny cooler?....well how much is that to get looked at or even fixed. I know nothing with the tranny is ever really cheap

Comment

tranny cooler is in the radiator. thats why i said get the radiator rodded out.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

first off, check the trans fluid

make sure it is full, and make sure it is red.. sometimes the radiator can crack and put coolant in your trans

thats a very common problem for the power steering in the ls1 cars, so i figured i would mention it.

Comment

Well I was riding home today and my battery died on my way home. I had to jump it this morning to get to work and im starting to think that my dead Altenator was killing my batteries and in turn the dying battery wasn't operating fully with the Tranny. I havent really been driving it since I put the Altenator on earlier, but when I changed it and charged the battery it pulled off hard. My Tranny fluid is pink....What do you guys think?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X