need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

my 99 3.8 is atomatic and im trying to put 5 speed manual in it i no the fourth gens use a ford bolt pattern inbetween the bell housing and trans case so in thery i can bolt up any trans a 5.0 mustang can the question is can i swap out the input shaft so the shaft length and splines match up? if so were can i get the input shaft and would i have to change the driven gear on the cluster shaft to match up with the new input shafts drive gear

Re: need help

you should be able to get an input saft at a place like napa, or advance auto

the ford/gm transmissions might use the same case,so the bellhousing will bolt up, but the gear ratios will most likely be different.. just something to look out for.. i would try and get a t5 out of a v6 mustang if they used them.

Comment

Damn, no love for GM's T5?

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...hlight=mustang

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ght=ford+trans

Seriously, is it really that bad?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman View Post
        there is a lot of bad info on that second link you posted.. but i guess it wont work due to the shifter being offset in the fbodies

i mean, im sure you can get it to work, you will just have to cut the center console apart and stuff

Comment

I'm pretty sure the bell housing is different on the Mustang T5s. In any case, the input and output shaft is different, the tailshaft is different, and I believe as mentioned above that the shifter is in a different location.

Since no one else has asked, why use a Mustang T5?? Why not a T5 from a Camaro or Firebird that is designed to fit your car??
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman View Post
            lol na if im going to use a t5 it would be a gm cause those are the world class one im just trying to avoid the t5 all together all i hear about them is bad and i got big plans for my 3.8 and right now the t5 would be the weakest link

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X