Hurst Shifter Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst Shifter Info

Looking for info on rebuilding/setting up the Hurst shifter on a 5speed. It feels a little sloppy, but maybe that is normal? Can't seem to get Hurst's website to open.

Re: Hurst Shifter Info

Check the two bolts that hold the stick onto the shifter. They have a tendency to back off a little after a while. I ended up putting nuts with lock washers on mine.

Comment

what do you mean by sloppy?

Comment

If you remove the shifter from the tranny, you can move the stick up and down as if the "ball" at center is not tight. The two bolts holding the lever are tight. Also, how do you know when the stops are set correctly??

Comment

To adjust the stops put the stick into gear and run the stop up to the stick without pushing the stick out of gear at all. Run through the gears to make sure it is not keeping you from going all the way into gear in any of the gears.

Comment

i dont know much about the hurst for our cars, but i have the pro 5.0 on my car, and personally i love it. night and day difference from stock, much more positve and firm, no more missing 3rd. i took off a good inch off the pro 5.0 handle and still wish i took off another half inch or so. but i love it, one of my favorite mods i did to the car.

i drove my buddys ls1 trans am a few times and he has the hurst on that, and i liked it,firm, positve, but not much short height wise than stock.but thats a whole different tranny.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X