What do you recomend for 3.8 take off? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you recomend for 3.8 take off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you recomend for 3.8 take off?

Just had my Camaro V6 3.8 1999 ran through Dyno. I was suprised that my baby was pushing 198 horse power and 193 of torque from upgrades that I have made.

They told me next step would be converter or shift kit? I really do not know what would be the next step. What do you guys recomended.
    Camaro V6 1999- K&N Intake System
    - 3.73 gear
    - Jet DST Programer
    - Spark plugs (Split Fire) and wires (Taylor 8.5)
    - Headers (Pace) and Y- Pipe
    - Hi Flow Cat
    :stp:

Re: What do you recomend for 3.8 take off?

are you trying to make more power on the dyno, or go faster on the track? A converter and shift kit will do one, but not the other

Comment

faster on the track
      - 3.73 gear
      - Jet DST Programer
      - Hi Flow Cat

Comment

a higher stall converter will make the car faster, and more fun to drive. but they dyno a little lower, which in doesnt matter. dyno's are just a big tuner basicly, dont worry about dyno numbers, track times tell more.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Stall converter will make it faster thats what the tech told me. Thanks
          - 3.73 gear
          - Jet DST Programer
          - Hi Flow Cat

Comment

Congrats on the dyno #'s , thats pretty high for the mods you have, was it a dyno jet?
            I like my Transgo shift kit HD, really makes it shift firmer, also a Vette servo would be good to go along with it. I don't know alot about convertors, but a 3000 stall would be great with 3.73's. Thats what I want to get with my 3.73's. Do you have HPtuners or did someone do your tuning?
            Last edited by ssms5411; 01-10-2009, 03:21 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If you want better track times, a high stall converter will help.

I'd suggest a trango stage 2 shift kit and a corvette servo to firm up shifts.
              Y87 Package
              MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
              Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
              BONE APPROVED!
              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
              Team Black...TEAM EMO
              sigpic
              Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

I've got a complete nitrous kit on sale that will make your car go faster :naughty:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Nitrous is good, you should keep it and use it with your turbo= more fun & faster.LOL
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Nitrous is good, you should keep it and use it with your turbo= more fun & faster.LOL
                    lol, i'd love to but I'm pretty sure as soon as I get some decent tires i'll be within my 12 seconds that I'm aiming for. I love bracket racing and if I go any faster they'll make me compete in the next class which would be wayyyy harder. Those guys pretty much nail their dial way better than I can at this point.

But the op should really consider nitrous lol. I've got a hell of a deal :D

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X