i found a transmission mount.. can i use it? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i found a transmission mount.. can i use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found a transmission mount.. can i use it?

this is for an m5

its an energy suspension mount, it has the number 1036 on it, but doing a google search isnt giving me anything at all as to what this is used for.

it looks almost identical to this one though: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=3.1108

i dont have the little plate that is with it.. just the washers and the two bolts

can i use this on my car?

Re: i found a transmission mount.. can i use it?

I think thats the same ones they sell at Thunder racing etc. You will most likely have to notched the crossmember to get it to fit but it is not a big deal. I ran my poly with my M5 and then when I did a M5 to A4 swap used it also. I would also use spacers or like I used rubber endlinks to adjust the height so your driveshaft sits where it is suppose to be, their should be a write up on the poly trans mount install.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I think thats the same ones they sell at Thunder racing etc. You will most likely have to notched the crossmember to get it to fit but it is not a big deal. I ran my poly with my M5 and then when I did a M5 to A4 swap used it also. I would also use spacers or like I used rubber endlinks to adjust the height so your driveshaft sits where it is suppose to be, their should be a write up on the poly trans mount install.
      thanks, i did see the writeup

that person installed the mount with that little bar, but mine is missing,so im not sure what to do..

Comment

I don't think I used that little bar on mine, I would have to look. I just looked at my cardomain and it looks like I didn't use a second bar, I probably didn't have one either, but the bushings make up for difference in height, my driveshaft is at Zero when I put a level on it. I haven't had any problems for 3-4 years and that's with a M5 and then swapping in a A4. I just have to tighten the bolts sometimes, because I will get a clunk when it is getting loose. I try to check them when I do oil changes. I think I'm going to use some locktight this next time to see if that works better.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X